We are dedicated to the promotion and acceptance of diverse body shapes and sizes through the adoption of a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
We know that having an eating disorder is a complex and distressing experience.
At BANA we believe that each person coming to therapy is unique, attempts to do the best possible with the resources available, has wisdom, creativity and strength, and is the authority in their life.
We believe that counseling means providing a safe place for you to tell your story, for us to have a conversation and to work together.
We use an integrative approach to therapy that is based in the best eating disorder practices.
These treatment services may include, but are not limited to:
- A comprehensive and specialized eating disorder assessment for adults.
- A specialize eating disorder treatment plan.
- Therapeutic interventions that utilize a strengths based perspective that include:
- psycho-therapy and education in a group setting
- cognitive-behaviour therapy in a group setting
- individual cognitive behaviour therapy for Eating Disorders
- body image group
- Family support
For an outline of the intake process and other frequently asked questions, click HERE for our intake guide.
In order ensure that you are being offered the best possible treatment, BANA regularly evaluates its therapy programs; making changes as necessary to reflect best practices.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the counseling therapies that we practice.