POMEGRANATE WALNUT QUINOA OATMEAL
- 4 cups of water
- ½ cup of quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup of gluten free oats (or rolled oats)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- Walnuts, broken into pieces
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil.
- In a medium pan, add the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the oats to the pan and toss for a few minutes until lightly toast.
- Add the hot water, quinoa, and a few dashes of sea salt to the pan.
- Mix together, and bring to a boil (should only take a second)
- Lower heat and simmer for about 25 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in the almond mix.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, and top with walnuts and pomegranate seeds.