- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup soy milk, or any milk you prefer
- 1 cup kiwi – chopped (although, you could use almost any fruit)
- Olive oil to spray over tops of muffin pans
- Prepare your muffin tins by spraying the top surface with a light coat of olive oil and placing muffin paper in the tins.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients except for kiwi.
- Mix both bowls separately, and then combine.
- Lastly, fold in your fruit and scoop into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes. Muffins are done when you poke them with a knife or toothpick and it comes out clean.