Seared Scallops with Honey Dijon Avocado Sauce
For Seared Scallops
- 6 sea scallops
- 1/3 cup Saucy Mama’s Honey Dijon Dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For Honey Dijon Avocado Sauce
- ½ avocado
- 2 teaspoons Saucy Mama’s Honey Dijon Dressing
- Pinch of salt
- Wash the sea scallops under cold water and thoroughly dry them with paper towel. Pour Saucy Mama’s Honey Dijon Dressing over dried scallops and toss to coat the scallops evenly. Let it sit to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Add Saucy Mama’s honey dijon dressing and mix well. Salt to taste, if desired. Cover the sauce with plastic wrap, so that it touches the avocado sauce to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in 12-inch pan (don’t use non-stick pan) over high heat. Salt and pepper the marinated scallops and add them to sizzling hot pan, making sure the scallops don’t touch each other. Let the scallops sear for about 2 minutes without disruption until golden crust forms. If the scallops are stuck to the pan, that means they are not ready to be flipped. Don’t force it. Flip the scallops and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. The center of the scallops should be slightly translucent. Overcooking will result in chewy, rubbery scallops.
- Transfer the cooked scallops onto the plate and top with honey Dijon avocado sauce. Serve immediately.