Herb Crepes with Eggs, Swiss, Ham and Browned Butter
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or other herb of choice*
- 10 oz ham, cut into strips about 2-inches wide**
- 1/4 cup salted butter, browned, for serving (optional)
Scrambled Eggs with Swiss
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 oz. Shredded Swiss cheese
- In a blender combine milk, flour, eggs, butter, salt and chopped parsley and pulse mixture until well blended, about 10 seconds. Transfer mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate 1 hour.
- To prepare crepes, heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat (be sure to use a pan that has a good non-stick coating or you’ll likely just end up with a mess). Once pan is hot, coat lightly with butter and pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan and immediately swirl pan in a circular motion while slightly tilting pan to allow batter to coat bottom of pan entirely in an even layer. Cook crepe about 25 – 40 seconds until top of crepe appears dry and edges are lightly golden. Flip and cook opposite side until golden 10 – 20 seconds longer. Repeat this process with remaining batter, lightly buttering pan before cooking each crepe. Stack cooked crepes on a plate or baking dish.
- For the Scrambled Eggs with Swiss:
- Crack 12 eggs into a blender, add in 1/2 cup milk, onion powder, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste, (cover with lid) and blend mixture on low speed for 10 seconds. Heat a large, deep non-stick skillet over medium-heat. Melt 1/2 Tbsp butter in saucepan and spread it along bottom and edges of skillet. Once butter has begun to foam, pour blended egg mixture into pan. Stir eggs frequently with a spatula, making sure to scrape along the surface of the pan to prevent bottom from browning and a skin from forming. Cook eggs several minutes until beginning to set, then add cheese and cook until they’ve reached desired doneness. Remove from heat.
- To assemble crepes:
- Align 1 – 2 strips of ham in the center of a warm crepe, then layer with eggs. Wrap crepes, drizzle with warm browned butter and serve.