Baked Sweet Potato and Black Bean Taquitos
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Yield: 10 taquitos
2 heaping cups cooked sweet potatoes, cubed
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup corn
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 ounces cream cheese, melted
2/3 cup salsa (like Green Mountain Gringo)
1 teaspoon chile powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt and a couple dashes pepper
10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
sour cream, guacamole or ranch dressing, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl gently toss the sweet potatoes, black beans, corn and cheese together. In a separate small bowl mix the cream cheese, salsa, chile powder, cumin and salt/pepper together. Pour over the sweet potato mixture and toss until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or grease lightly with oil.
- Working one at a time scoop up 1/3 cup of the mixture and place it on the lower third of the tortilla – spread it out in a log shape and roll up tightly – place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the filling is used.
- Mix the butter and oil together then brush over the tortillas with a pastry brush. Bake 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve with your choice of sour cream, guacamole or ranch dressing for dipping.