Angel Hair with Lemon Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 30 mins
- 1 Tbsp salt + drizzle of olive oil for boiling water
- ¾ pound angel hair pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1½ Tbsp)
- 1 lb large shrimp; peeled and deveined; 16-20 or 21-25 per pound would work
- 1 tsp salt for shrimp
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Grated Zest (from ½ lemon)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1.5 to 2 lemons)
- ⅛ tsp hot red pepper flakes
Tip: Have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go since the pasta cooks quickly!
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add 1 Tbsp salt and drizzle water with olive oil (keeps pasta from sticking). Add ¾ lb pasta and cook according to directions on the package. Angel hair is done in 5 minutes.
- In another, heavy-bottomed skillet, melt 3 Tbsp butter with 3 Tbsp olive oil over medium/high heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add shrimp in a single layer and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Sauté until shrimp turn pink (about 2 min each side); don’t overcook or shrimp will turn rubbery.
- Remove shrimp from heat and mix in the lemon zest, chopped parsley, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Pour over the cooked and drained pasta and toss to combine.